Our support services team provides people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS practical support so they can live a better quality of life. Let us help you work through the stages of your HIV diagnosis. We can provide counseling and support on a drop in basis, by appointment, on the phone or by outreach to individuals as well as other organizations such as hospitals.
Getting Tested for HIV
Pre and post test counseling is available by drop in, phone or scheduled appointments. Are you unsure of where to go, what to do, or even what to expect from the testing process? We can help guide you through the process of testing. Contact us or visit our Get Tested Page
Are you newly diagnosed with HIV and aren’t sure what to do next? Our Case Managers can help you make sense of your diagnoses. We can answer your questions around basic treatment information, what your rights are, who needs to know your status or even how to talk to your friends and family about your diagnoses. Let us help you, contact us.
Living with HIV
The needs of a person who has been living with HIV for many years are very different from those who have been recently diagnosed. We are here to assist you with a variety of issues you might be facing such as: strategies to re-enter the workforce, financial crises, or referrals to other appropriate agencies.
Affected by HIV/AIDS
We are a resource for the friends and family of people living with HIV/AIDS. You can email us anytime and our hotline is open for calls Monday through Friday. We can answer any questions you might have about transmission or prevention.
Our drop-in space for clients is open Tuesday through Friday, 9:00am – 12:30pm and 1:30pm – 4:00pm. With tons of street parking and the Sunalta LRT station only a block away, it’s easy to drop in whenever you need to. Our client lounge is always stocked with snacks and coffee. There is a computer with internet access available for your use and you can make an appointment to use our laundry facilities. Our staff are always on site and ready to connect and chat with you.
Southern Alberta Clinic SAC offers outpatient care to people living with HIV/AIDS in southern Alberta using a collaborative multi-disciplinary approach. Sheldon M Chumir Health Centre Southern Alberta HIV/AIDS Clinic
- Location: Room 3223, 3rd Floor 1213 – 4 Street SW Calgary, AB
- Phone: (403) 955-6399
STI Clinic The STI Clinic offers free and confidential HIV/STI testing and STI treatment. Sheldon M Chumir Health Centre
- Location: 5th Floor, 1213 – 4 Street SW Calgary, AB
- Phone: (403) 955-6700
Safeworks: Services provided include: Injection Supplies, Condoms, Vaccinations, Testing, Health Information, Referrals, Pregnancy Tests, Sobriety Support, Presentations, Advocacy
Housing & Basic Needs:
- The SHARP Foundation (Beswick House and Scott House) The Beswick House provides 24-hour long-term and palliative support for persons living with HIV/AIDS. The Scott House provides Transitional Care for individuals with HIV/AIDS who need support and encouragement to return to independent living situations.
- HealthyHousing.ca HealthyHousing.ca, a National HIV/Housing Portal, is a space for people living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs), service providers and researchers to learn more about issues related to HIV/AIDS and housing.
- Calgary Drop-In Centre The Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre is a non-political, non-sectarian social service agency that advocates and provides services for the homeless and low-income population of Calgary.
- Calgary Food Bank The Calgary Food Bank is an emergency food distribution hub. We gather and distribute quality emergency food to individual Calgarians and the agencies and programs that serve them.